Self-care for New Mums – How to Look After Yourself This Festive Period
Looking after yourself might not be top of your list this December, but it’s so important for both your mental and physical health to take some for yourself during the busy festive period. Below are some great tips on self-care for new mums, so put your feet up mama!
Taking care of yourself is more important than ever thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, so we’ve pulled together our favourite ideas to support self-care for new mums this Winter. So cosy up with a cuppa and learn to take care of yourself!
- Write your Christmas cards – cosy up with a cuppa and spend time writing a festive note to a friend – they will appreciate the sentiment, especially after this year!
- Spent time making a really luxurious hot chocolate – go crazy with the cream, marshmallows, sprinkles, flakes – you deserve it mama!
- If you’re looking for help and advice about breastfeeding, you can find lots of helpful hints and advice on our website – and why not join our Medela Mums community on Facebook and Instagram? You can talk to other mamas-to-be and maybe even make some friends!
- Take a bath using all of your favourite products – relax and let your worries soak away in the tub! You could even light some candles and play some soothing music if you wanted to!
- Do your Christmas shopping online – no one wants to be hitting the shops close to Christmas, especially not this year, so why not do all of your shopping online? Relax on the sofa with your laptop and browse Etsy for some fantastic small businesses to support, and Amazon Prime is a godsend for those last-minute gifts! You could also arrange a festive food delivery, almost as exciting as Santa’s sleigh!
- A (socially-distanced!) walk with a friend is a fab way to get some gentle exercise, as well as fresh air and a good old natter! Take a reusable cup filled with your favourite hot drink, wrap up warm and go and embrace nature!
- Accept the help! If friends and family ask what they can do to help, offload some of your list to them! Let Grandma make the mince pies, and if a friend offers to wrap your presents so you can sit down, say yes! Offloading these little tasks will free up time for you.
- Watch a Christmas film – whether it’s a cheesy rom com or a family favourite, there’s nothing quite like cuddling up and enjoying the festive movie magic.
However you choose to make time for yourself this Christmas, we hope you enjoy yourself and have a very Merry Christmas.
Team Medela x