Tips on Feeding this Christmas
It doesn’t have to be difficult, especially if you are prepared and relaxed enough not to stress if your little one suddenly needs feeding. Here are some top tips for the festive season whilst you are out and about:
- Find a café or comfortable seat to put your bags down and take time out to feed your baby. Grab a relaxing hot drink , recharge before you face the inevitable queues
- Remember to put enough money in your parking meter; you may be way-laid by having an impromptu feeding session. Last thing you need is a parking ticket.
- Comfortable shoes are a must, but also comfortable clothing. Wear an item of clothing that will make it easier for you to feed when out and about.
- Remember to pack an extra dark top and bra pads in your changing bag for you just in case you get a bit of unexpected leakage if your little one is not with you and you hear a baby crying.
- If you are feeding a lot in the early weeks after birth and you choose not to bring little one with you, listen to your body as you will still need to remove the milk from your filling breasts during your time apart - take your breast pump with you.
- If you need to pump whilst you are out and about find a feeding room so that you have a little more privacy if you don’t want to pump in public.
- Be prepared for your little one either to want more feeds or less than usual whilst you do your shopping. Loosen off the outdoor clothing whilst your little one is in the pram especially if you are in an indoor shopping centre. They may want more frequent feeds because they are a little warmer.
- Look after mum too – carry some water and some snacks so that you can power snack – sometimes the queues at the eating venues may be long and you need to recharge too.
Do you have any tips you’d like to share?