Top 5 Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby
22 August 2017
Why do we say ‘Breast is Best’? It is a phrase often bounded about when talking about breastfeeding, so we thought we would delve into the top 5 benefits of breast for babies.
- Breast milk contains everything your baby needs: proteins, fats, lactose, vitamins, iron, minerals, water and enzymes in the exact amounts required for optimal growth and development.
- Breast milk contains substances that prevent harmful bacteria from growing in the intestines and causing gastrointestinal and diarrhoeal infections.
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Breastfed babies are less prone to develop diabetes, heart disease, eczema, asthma and other allergic disorders later in life.
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It enhances the emotional bond between the baby and the mother and provides warmth, love and affection.