Year in Review: A look back at 2016!
This weekend is New Year’s Eve, marking the end of 2016 and the beginning of a new year, a new start and a new chapter. It is safe to say that it has been a year of surprises in politics, sport and well let’s just say, no one will forget this year.
There has been some pretty incredible moments, from Tim Peake going into Space, Great Britain’s amazing winning streak at the Olympics and proving that you should always have faith in the underdog, Leicester won the premiership! Here’s a fantastic round-up of some of the best things that happened this year on The Telegraph!
At Medela HQ, we’ve had a fantastic year, here’s our very own list of 2016 highlights…
- We joined Instagram to take part in the photo fun!
- We won not one, not two, but three Platinum Loved by Parents Awards!
- Celebrities shared their love of Medela including Giovanna Fletcher, Izzy Judd, Emma Willis, Lily Cole, Ortis Deley and Kristin Cavalari.
- We launched our very first app, MyMedela
- We sponsored the baby-feeding boudoir at this year’s Just SO Festival, helping to support breastfeeding families attending the fun-filled festival
- We won 4 Gold awards for Best Breast Pump at the Mother and Baby Awards, Prima Baby and Pregnancy Awards, Gentle Parenting Awards and Project Baby Awards!
- Over 40 mums across the UK joined our national campaign and celebration of breastfeeding, The Big Breastfeeding Cafe
- We launched our brand new #BreastfeedingFriendly Window Sticker initiative
- We introduced a new product to the range, the Swing Pump & Feed! A brand new breastfeeding kit including everything you need to pump, store and feed your little one.
- We were chosen as mums’ number one brand for breast pumps in the annual Babycentre’s Mum’s Picks!
What have been your highlights this year? Share them with us on our Facebook page!